Tis the season for baking sweet treats for friends, family and Santa! Chocolate peppermint cookies are the perfect flavor combination to celebrate the Holiday.
Check out our famous recipe below including our Crushed Mint Twists.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Atkinson Crushed Mint Twists
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cocoa in small bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place Atkinson Crushed Mint in a small bowl. Scoop dough into rounded tablespoons and lightly dip the top of each into Crushed Mint pieces.
- Place Crushed Mint topped dough balls on prepared baking sheet. Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Recipes yields about 3 dozen cookies.